(AntiGravityGear) The bandana is arguably one of the most versatile pieces of equipment any backpacker, hiker or camper can carry. Well, we just made it more useful! The AntiGravityGear Mapdana? has the latest data from the Appalachian Trail Conference Trail Data Book and the ALDHA Thru-Hikers’ Companion printed right on the bandana! This first of four in the series bandana covers from Springer Mountain, GA to Damascus, VA. Stop cutting up your maps and trail guides to save weight and just leave them at home. This 1.6 ounce piece of essential gear has all the information you need to get you where you need to go! Mapdanas 2, 3 and 4 in the AT series will be available starting in February 2004 just in time for the hiking season.
- Distance from point to point on the Appalachian Trail as well as accrued distance from Springer Mtn., GA
- Distance off trail you must travel to get to shelters, camp sites & water
- Color coded to indicate where water can be found on the trail and off
- Elevation information
- Major road crossings
- Major towns on the trail highlighted in red and corresponding detailed town data given including…outfitters and resupplies, mail drops, zip codes, lodging, hostels, campgrounds, transportation, telephone, ATM, dining & internet access. Important phone numbers to outfitters, hostels & medical facilities are also included!
- A beautiful topographical map of this leg of the trail with easy to read legend
- Updates and user corrections available at no charge online to keep your bandana up-to-date.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this bandana is dedicated to the management on the Appalachian Trail and support of organizations that support and maintain our National Trails and Wilderness. Visit LeaveaTrace.com for details.
Weight: 1.6 oz.
Material: 100% cotton
Color: White with Blue, Green, Yellow, Red & Black Print
Available for $12.95 from Antigravitygear.com.