I really appreciate Asus keeping up the regular updates to their original Asus Transformer product… unlike some manufacturers who promptly stop doing updates once a new model is out or pending. This morning I was greeted by the Update notification alert. While I was not “First!” by any stretch, I’m guessing I wasn’t last either so I’m sharing what I got for my fellow Asus owners.
This update brings a few small updates, no Ice Cream Sandwich* yet.
- Improvements to some lag issues with certain applications and functions.
- Improved HDMI output support for more devices.
- Speed and stability improvements to the stock Android browser.
- Fine-tuning of the audio performance of the device.
- Patching the RazorClaw root exploit (buffer overflow vulnerability.
* Though there is some speculation that this updates lays some necessary groundwork for ICS.
You can check what version you are on by going to Settings | About Tablet. You should be running Android version 3.2.1 and (scrolling down) Build number 22.214.171.124.
If you haven’t received the update yet, you can activate your wireless and got to Settings | About Tablet and select the first item, System Firmware Update and select the Check Update button. It is advised to have a well-charge battery or have your tablet plugged into its charger. Power failure during any firmware update on any device can cause complications.