Family/Kid Friendly DayhikesPosted on June 22, 2007 by Mystech in OutdoorsViewed: 1207 times
Some time ago several of my friends with children expressed an interest in day hikes in the Atlanta area that would be kid friendly (strollers on up). Now that new developments in my current recreational pursuits might mean I’ll be ending up with a lot more time to allocate to other projects, I’ve been thinking about revisiting this one. To my recollection, the requirements for kid-friendly outings were as follows:
- No more than 30 minutes from Atlanta (less always better)
- Car accessible trail/path heads.
- Bathroom facilities nearby or onsite.
- Reasonably level and wide trails.
- Weekend hours of operation.
- Additional features a plus (nature centers, educational guides, etc).
- Detailed packing lists for kids and parents.
Anything else I’m forgetting? Interested parties?